- This event has passed.
Recycling Pick Up
October 10, 2018 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Any can or receptacle may be used for recycled material and it can be co-mingled together with other recyclables.
Recycling helps reduce the amount of weekly waste. This will help reduce the amount in cans on Monday. It adds an additional pickup date to the system.
The Town of Louisa picks up plastic, cardboard, newsprint, glass, and aluminum. [Note: not all cans are aluminum]
- The plastic items that can be recycled are items with a #1 or #2 on the bottom. This includes water bottles, milk jugs, soda bottles, plastic bottles and over the counter pill bottles.
- Plastic items NOT accepted: items with a #3 or greater such as: yogurt containers, dairy tubs, bags, Styrofoam (i.e. polystyrene), plastic food trays or prescription bottles.
- Make sure the plastics are clean and remove the lids as they are not recyclable.
- All cardboard items are recyclable. Please make sure they are broken down. You do not need to remove staples, tape or labels. Do not tie together.
- Items NOT accepted with the cardboard: packaging materials; i.e.: Styrofoam (i.e. polystyrene), paper, peanuts, bubble wrap, etc.