Sec. 139-11E. Permits.
The Town Manager shall grant a permit applied for under this division for a period of one year, if he/she finds all of the following conditions to be met by the applicant:
- That the proposed restaurant or café seating located on a sidewalk will not restrict the movement of pedestrian traffic on the sidewalk.
- That the restaurant or café requesting the permit is or will be operated as a lawful permitted use in the zoning district in which it is located.
- That the proposed sidewalk seating area will not present a hazard to the public health, safety or welfare.
- The permitee agrees to maintain the sidewalk cleanliness and guarantees adequate and safe walking conditions for the pedestrian public.
- The establishment is in compliance with all applicable state and local laws.
Sec 139-11K. Restrictions.
- No business equipment may be permanently or temporarily secured to the sidewalk, benches, receptacles, light poles or any infrastructure.
- Access by the Town, or other public agency officials, including but not limited to police, fire and rescue, to utility and emergency services (water meters, electrical boxes, fire hydrants and water valves) shall not be limited or restricted in any way whatsoever by the permit holder.
- The sidewalk area shall be swept clean daily and washed as needed to control staining from spills inherent with the restaurant or café operation. I acknowledge and agree to the terms and restrictions set forth above in Sec. 139-11E and Sec. 139-11K.
I acknowledge and agree to the terms and restrictions set forth above in Sec. 139-11E and Sec. 139-11K.
Approval Date ________________________
Valid Through ________________________
Permit # ________________________