The Louisa Town Council voted on May 18, 2021 to repurpose the signs at the four entry locations of the Town. The Town Council would like for each entry sign to be more Town oriented and focus on the history and culture within Town limits. The Town is offering interested members of the public to voluntarily submit design ideas that will accomplish the goal of Town-centric signage within guidelines listed below.
Entrance Signs – Guidelines for Design
- Signs must incorporate all of the following:
- Town of Louisa Seal
- “Welcome to the Town of Louisa”
- The Town motto – “In the Heart of it All”
- Material and design must be durable and easy to maintain
- Designs must stay within the boundaries of the sign frame currently in use (12’W X 4’H)
- Design for the sign must focus on the Town of Louisa’s history and culture
- water tower
- renovated Town Hall (old Louisa School)
- Louisa Arts Center
- Louisa Historical Society
- historic downtown Main Street
Town Council, in its sole discretion, will determine which design or concepts are incorporated into the final design.
All submissions should be delivered to Town Hall, 212 Fredericksburg Avenue, Louisa, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit by November 15, 2021. If you have any questions, you can contact our office at 540-967-1400.